Second Liposuction for Lipoedema - A Review Of The Results And Deep Oscillation Rehabilitation
Lipoedema sufferer is delighted with both the outcome of her second liposuction and the speedy rehabilitation that has been achieved with Deep Oscillation self-treatment, using the Day Five Plus Post Liposuction protocol on a PhysioPod hire agreement.
How are you doing?
"I'm doing great, thank you, my second leg following liposuction is 23% down and bruising is almost gone after just 3.5 weeks of using Deep Oscillation. First leg is 36% down now. I am so pleased and glad I used the DEEP OSCILLATION® Personal AESTHETICS again. One lady had her operation 2 weeks before me and her bruising is still quite bad and she takes arnica. Thank you so much. Happily, no more surgery is needed"
Has the liposuction reduced the Lipoedema pain?
Definitely, I have no pain in my legs now and no stiffness; I no longer need to consider giving up work!
How soon after liposuction did you use Deep Oscillation this time?
I used it on the day of surgery, then from a week after.
Are you pleased with the result?
I am so pleased, Alex Munnoch is amazing, he has given me my life back and I am already back to walking up to 4000 steps a day with no pain, I could only manage about 5k/6k last year and that was painful.
Previous Feedback following first liposuction:
More and more Lipoedema sufferers are choosing to have Liposuction to reduce the symptoms of Lipoedema; reducing volume and pain and improving range of movement and mobility.
What is Lipoedema? Lipoedema (NOT Lymphoedema) is a chronic, hereditary and genetic disorder of the adipose tissue (or body fat) which can be both disfiguring and painful. It predominantly affects women (although men can also suffer) from the age of puberty and beyond. Sufferers may have a normal slim (upper) body shape but a much larger disproportionate lower body below the waist without changes made to diet or exercise regime, in some cases, upper arms are effected too. As Lipoedema progresses, additional, expanding fat cells interfere with the pathways of lymphatic vessels and sufferers can develop secondary Lymphoedema and it then becomes known as Lipo-Lymphoedema. The effects of Lipoedema on the patient can also cause great psychological distress for the sufferer. It is very important for people with lipoedema to eat a healthy diet and follow a programme of low impact exercises such as swimming, walking or cycling.
What is Deep Oscillation?
Deep Oscillation is a patented therapy which is delivered via massage or applicators. A therapeutically beneficial electrostatic field is created in the tissue segment undergoing treatment. As the vinyl gloved hands or applicators glide over the tissue, the tissue layers are attracted and released up to 250 per second (250 Hz).
Deep Oscillation permeates a clinically proven depth of 8cm. No pressure is required to achieve effects making it an ideal treatment for Lipoedema. It is gentle, relaxing and pleasant. Pain is significantly reduced, inflammation suppressed, the oedema element of lipoedema is reduced, bruising resorbs. Where present, fibrosis is tackled effectively, limbs feel lighter and mobility is enhanced.
How does Deep Oscillation help Lipoedema patients (pre and post op)
Since Deep Oscillation possesses anti-oedema, lymph drainage, anti-fibrosis and detoxifying properties, it prepares the tissue for liposuction, makes liposuction more effective and durable and protects against adverse effects of the body sculpting procedure.
Because it can be used at a very early post-operative stage, the healing process is accelerated, reduced pain, bruising and swelling, scar quality is improved, and local inflammation is inhibited and stopped over a sustained period.
Clinical effects of DEEP OSCILLATION® prove helpful for the symptoms of Lipoedema and for pre and post liposuction, in particularly
- Strong pain-alleviating potential. This applies to acute traumatic as well as to chronic pain conditions
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Prevention and reduction of secondary and primary lymphoedema, as well as reduction of oedema in lipoedema
- Prevention of fibrotic remodelling processes, reduction of fibrosis
- Muscle relaxation, mobilisation, functional improvement and improved ROM
- Support of wound healing processes
- Blog Post on the The Karri Clinic about how Deep Oscillation can help in non surgical Lipoedema management and pre and post liposuction
- Latest Study of DEEP OSCILLATION® used in Lipoedema treatment in the Journal of Lymphoedema
- DEEP OSCILLATION® mentioned in The Best Practice Guidelines for Lipoedema Published by Wounds UK
- DEEP OSCILLATION® mentioned in Practice Nursing, July 2017 "Lipoedema complicated by secondary lymphoedema" Dr Anne Williams, Isobel MacEwan Practice Nursing | Vol 28 | No 7 | July 2017 | pp 284–289
- Read latest new on Claire Tickle's journey of 7 surgeries for Lipoedema with pre and post operative rehabilitation with DEEP OSCILLATION®
Read Terms and Conditions of Hire of a Deep Oscillation Personal Aesthetics for pre and post Liposuction
For more information and testimonials please visit the PhysioPod Website