What is DEEP OSCILLATION®?
Deep oscillation is a unique, internationally patented treatment method. Its special structure allows you to create biologically effective oscillations in the treated tissue using electrostatic attraction and friction.
The gentle, pleasant oscillations have a deep-acting effect on all tissue components (skin, connective tissue, muscles, blood and lymph vessels).
The following physiological effects of deep oscillation are clinically proven:
• Highly effective in reducing pain • Anti-inflammatory • Effective in reabsorbing oedema • Promoting wound healing • Anti-fibrotic
Deep oscillation therapy enables liposuction to be performed more efficiently and with less trauma when applied pre-operatively. As liposuction is less traumatic, patients benefit from less bruising, post- operative pain and faster recovery.
In contrast to externally applied mechanical forms of vibrational massage (which only act on the surface of the skin), deep oscillation works in the entire tissue layers, permeating a depth of 8 cm (Solangel, 2010), with clinically proven effects in the connective tissue structures.
Post plastic surgery and liposuctionBREAST SURGERY AFTERCARE VIDEO
Deep oscillation therapy has proven effects in post (plastic) surgery and liposuction interventions. It reduces pain and oedema, improves mobility and promotes wound healing among other effects. It has been used in this field around the globe for many years, e.g. after mastectomy or breast reconstruction.
Application methods of deep oscillation
- The client holds a titanium bar; the therapist wears thin vinyl gloves and an electrode is attached to their arm. Both the electrode and the bar are connected to the machine. The oscillations act on the tissue segment undergoing treatment and the tissue is attracted and released between 5 and 250 times per second.
- Alternatively, a special applicator can be used.
- Techniques are not difficult and can be learnt during a user training by appropriately qualified therapists. Deep oscillation can be applied in any external location: face (including over eyelids), legs, buttocks, abdomen, arms etc.
- Each body section is treated for 15 minutes. 3 sessions are recommended before and 3 sessions after a liposuction intervention. Minimum 5 sessions after plastic surgery.
- For reasons of sterility (in open wounds, burns, ulcers etc), treatment is performed through sterile foil.
Post liposuction and post plastic surgery treatment
In post liposuction and post-surgery, it is recommended that patients undergo a 30 minute deep oscillation treatment (15 min per area) starting on the 1st day after the intervention.
Who should look at this?
• Aesthetic Surgery clinics providing liposuction
• Clinics collaborating with Aesthetic Surgery clinics
• Clinics specialised in Lipoedema treatment
Taking it forward..
- Aesthetic surgery clinics can introduce a new service to their customers: a pre and post-surgery treatment package. Adding Deep oscillation treatment into the package will not only make the intervention less traumatic and more efficient, it also promotes faster recovery for patients and significantly contributes to their quality of life.
- A pre and post-surgery treatment package should consist of 3 x 30 min treatment sessions during the week before the procedure and 3 x 30 min treatment sessions during the two weeks after the procedure.
- N.B. PhysioPod UK Limited hold a register of Deep Oscillation therapists on their website offering Deep Oscillation in the UK and Ireland and they recommend that if the patient undergoing liposuction has been diagnosed with Lipoedema AND secondary Lymphoedema, then only a qualified and registeredMLD DLT Therapist carries out treatment.
PROOF OF DEEP OSCILLATION® in Non-Surgical Aesthetics
DEEP OSCILLATION® ... more than just a therapy!
Call 01159 167 685