The Portland Hospital
Chartered Physiotherapist, MLD UK, CDT, Vodder MLD Practitioner and Lymphoedema Therapist
The Portland Hospital for Women and Children, Physiotherapy Department
234 Great Portland Street
Physiotherapy Reception 020 7390 6553
Visit website: The Portland Hospital
Insured with: The Portland Hospital for legal matters and the The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Manual therapy, to treat any musculo-skeletal discomfort, pain and dysfunction during and following pregnancy.
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment and re-education for continence problems, weak pelvic floor or sexual dysfunction.
- Treatment to support recovery post-hysterectomy and other gynaecological surgery.
- Therapy to ease symptoms associated with the menopause.
- Holistic approach including Bowen therapy, acupuncture/ dry needling, massage and reflexology available in conjunction with conventional therapies.
- DEEP OSCILLATION® - see testimonial below.
Groups and Associations
HPC, MCSP, AACP, Bowen therapist and MLD UK
Training completed at
Wittlinger Lymphedema Clinic, Alleestrasse 30, 6344 Walchsee, Austria
How did you hear about DEEP OSCILLATION®? What prompted you to buy?
At the MLD Conference in High Wickam 2012
How did you find dealing with PhysioPod UK Limited?
Testimonial from The Portland Hospital
... We have used the Hivamat across both our paediatric and adult client group to reduce swelling and pain post injury, post surgery and post natally. We have found it to be to of particular relief to patients in reducing discomfort and swelling around the abdominal area following gynaecological surgery.
However the area in which the Hivamat has consistently provided us with beneficial results has been in the treatment of patients suffering with lymphoedema. We have observed that it aids the reduction of swelling, loosens fibrotic tissue (which often seems to be present post breast surgery) and our patients have reported the experience of lightness in the treated area and a feeling of well-being. These effects cannot be understated as lymphoedema can be very uncomfortable and difficult to manage and so being able to provide any sort of relief is, we feel, invaluable.
What we were not expecting was the effect that it would have on our therapists. Ilze, one of our physiotherapists who specialises in Manual Lymphatic Drainage says “my hands and fingers do not have to work as hard as you only need a light touch to get good results. Over the years my hands have become stiff but with the use of the Hivamat, treatments are much easier on the hands and are rewarding both for patient and therapist. I use it several times a week combined with physiotherapy; I would not get such good results without it.”