MSc BSc (Hons), MBAcC, MLD UK PHIA, Foldi MLD DLT Practitioner and Lymphoedema Therapist, Acupuncturist
100 Harley Street
Telephone 0777 272 1717
Helen Fox provides treatment in two clinics, one here in Harley Street and the other is in Sanderstead.
Helen Fox MSc BSc (Hons), MBAcC, MLD UK PHIA, Foldi MLD DLT Practitioner and Lymphoedema Therapist using DEEP OSCILLATION®
Visit the Website of Helen Fox
Visit the Facebook Page of Helen Fox
DEEP OSCILLATION® permeating an 8cm depth with the HIVAMAT® 200
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) using DEEP OSCILLATION® with the HIVAMAT® 200, where appropriate for:
- Effective in the treatment and control of Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema
- Sinusitis, Nasal Congestion, Catarrh
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Constipation
- Arthritic Swelling, Pain and Inflammation
- Puffy eyes, Swollen legs, Swollen Ankles
- Post Operative Inflammation and Swelling
- Post Plastic Surgery (speeding up healing)
- Calms the central nervous system for stress reduction
Acupuncture is used to stimulate the body’s own healing response, by dispersing blockages or accessing reservoirs to replenish exhausted energy, helping to restore natural balance and to treat and prevent disease.
- Gastrointestinal Disorder,such as: constipation, diarrhea, peptic ulcer, chronic, gastritis,indigestion, gastrintestinal weakness, anorexia
- Urogential Disorders, including stress incontinence, urinary tract infections, and sexual dysfunction
- Gynecological Disorders, such as irregular, heavy, or painful menstruation, infertility in women and men.
- Respiratory Disorders, such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies and bronchitis
- Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, Joints and Nervous System; arthritis, migraine, headaches, insomnia, dizziness and low back, neck and shoulder pain
- Circulatory Disorders, such as hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis & anemia.
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders, including depression and anxiety
- Advance Training In Lymphoedema -Foldi Clinic Hinterzarten, Germany
- Anatomy Trains Functional And Structural Of Fascial Tissue
- Bsc (Hons) Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture
- Coban 3m
- Complete Decongestive Therapy (Cdt) – Foldi Trained
- Connective Tissue In Breast Cancer Care
- Indian Head Massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage – Vodder Technique
- Msc Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture
- Sports Massage
- Thaiyoga Massage
- Therapeutic Massage
- Toyohari-Japanese Acupuncture (Needle Free Acupuncture)
- Ultra Sound
Relevant Courses Attended:
Groups and Associations
Helen has been working extensively in the field of complementary medicine since 1997. She first qualified as an Aromatherapist with Gabriel Mojay at the Institute of Traditonal Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy in Regents Park. She gained further qualifications in sports massage at St Marys University in Twickenham. In 2004 she traveled to Thailand to study under Asokanada in traditional Thaiyoga massage. Other massage qualifications include; Indian head massage, Onsite massage, Acupressure and Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD).
It was through working with MLD that Helen realized how effective this treatment was on the reduction of swelling and the softening of the skin. This lead her to embark on a Foldi training course, this incorporated the Vodder technique and complete decongestive therapy.. Helen is fully qualified and insured to treat lymphoedema patients, and has undertaken advanced studies at the Foldi clinic in Hinterzarten Germany. Helen started as a volunteer and became a paid therapist at Cancerkin in the Royal Free Hospital and spent 6 years here, diagnosing and treating breast cancer related lymphoedema. As well as treating lymphoedema, Helen has a keen interest in the structural and functional influences of the myofascial tissue specifically after surgery, where scarring tends to cause fibrosis of the tissue and reduce the range of movement. Through mapping the body Helen will incorporate these techniques to create easy movement through the myofascial lines.
Helen graduated with a BSc (hons) degree from the University of Westminister in Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture, and also received a full scholarship to complete postgraduate training at the China Medical Hospital University in Taichung , Taiwan
Helen has completed her Masters in Chinese Medicine; Acupuncture where she conducted research into the effectiveness of acupuncture and moxibustion in the treatment of lymphoedema. The pilot study showed that acupuncture and moxibustion was effective in reducing the limb volume, fibrosis and the symptoms associated with lymphoedema. Needles was not placed in the affected limb. From the data gathered 90% of the participants also noticed an improvement in their well-being (sleep, calmer, better memory, increased energy, grounding and normalcy) and that acupuncture was a positive experience, with all participants stating they would use acupuncture, as they found it was an holistic approach to lymphoedema. The research is currently being edited and will be published at the end of the year.
Helen is a qualified Toyohari practitioner which stems from Japanese meridian therapy and differs from other styles of acupuncture in that the emphasis is on observation, palpation skills and pulse diagnosis. Specialized needles are used which are gentle and non invasive. Since the treatment is pain free and less invasive than other forms of acupuncture, it is particularly suited to children and for those who are wary of needles. Like acupuncture Toyohari can treat all sorts of health conditions but there are specific treatments for neck and shoulder problems unique to this approach. For musculo-skeletal disorders Helen uses Tung style acupuncture as it is well known for quick and spontaneous results and involves using very few acupuncture points.
Helen has also undertaken post-graduate training in the treatment of gynecological disorders, including menstrual disorders, male and female infertility and IVF assistance with Jani White.
Helen heard about DEEP OSCILLATION® from Julie Bradford and said "through trying the product, I felt it would be of benefit to my clients"
Asked how Helen found dealing with PhysioPod® UK Limited she replied - "Excellent and very, very efficient."