DEEP OSCILLATION® Personal for Self Care of Breast Cancer Related Lymphoedema (BCRL)
A recommendation following four years of self management with the easy to use device.
"I have been using a Deep Oscillation Personal Unit since 2016. It has been a Godsend, the best money I’ve ever spent. I developed Lymphoedema in my left arm due to breast cancer. My arm was extremely swollen and sore, but since using the machine there has been a massive improvement. The swelling has gone down significantly, I have regained full movement in my hand and I can now see my knuckles. I would highly recommend this treatment, which is very easy to use."
Mrs J, Glasgow, Scotland.
* About 1 in 5 people (20%) will develop Lymphoedema of the arm after breast cancer treatment that includes surgery to remove lymph nodes, radiotherapy to the lymph nodes. If lymphoedema is not treated, it may get worse. It can be painful and make it difficult to move the arm. *Cancer Research UK
- Post-traumatic oedema formation: Bleeding, increased transport demands, high volume insufficiency, backing-up in interstitial space.
- Deep oscillation assists resorption of oedema: Mixing materials for transport with the lymph, distribution, increasing surface area, tension on endothelial layer of initial lymph vessels (lymphatic capillaries and pre-collectors) via collagenous fibre structures in the interstitial space, opening junctions for fluid inflow, assistance of the interstitial drainage mechanism.
- Transport of lymph together with materials such as various extracellular proteins, blood cells and other particulate material.
- Valves can already be found in the pre-collectors at intervals of 2-3 mm. Transport of lymph is the exclusive function of lymph collectors and the lymph ducts connected with them.
- The lymphatic system contributes to homeostasis by influencing the volume of extracellular fluid, the interstitial protein concentration and the tissue pressure.