Deep Oscillation for Digestive System
Mrs R is 73 years of age and was diagnosed with Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS) in 2015. A highly-stressed lady, who has a tendency to over-think situations and get herself worked up.
'Although the cause of IBS is unknown, in some cases it seems to be linked to a stressful life event, anxiety or depression'
Mrs R was diagnosed with depression in 2012, for which she was prescribed anti-depressants. Despite dietary advice, Mrs R continues to consume a high percentage of fatty foods and is constantly bloated. She does not have a daily bowel movement; her stools can be loose and she is sometimes constipated. If she has to go out during the day, Mrs R refrains from eating, in the event she cannot find nearby facilities, as she may experience “intestinal hurry”. Until the end of 2019, Mrs R was a heavy smoker, but during the course of the last year she has cut down.
A tape measure waist measurement was taken, 37.3 inches, together with a photograph (taken with Mrs R's permission), as shown below.
Device: DEEP OSCILLATION PERSONAL PRO
Frequency: 40 Hz - 115 Hz
Duration: 20 mins
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage /Deep Oscillation via gloved hands was initiated from the head down.
- Working in the direction of intestinal peristalsis to provide relaxation of the stomach muscles and stimulate colonic motility.
- Gloved hands were used on the abdomen and groin, and the process then continued using the applicator head for a better hold preventing slipping.
- Figure of eight movements were made over the small intestine, gravitating towards the right hip to influence the right inguinal nodes. Upward circular movements continued along the ascending colon towards the diaphragm and across the transverse colon and down the descending colon towards the left inguinal nodes and groin to initiate and stimulate peristalsis and faecal transport towards the caecum and rectum for evacuation.
- This method of large bowel stimulation is used in both Bowen Therapy and Infant Massage for the relief of constipation and colic.
Before 37.3 inches After 36 inches
"After the treatment a second photograph was taken and Mrs R's waist was re-measured, she had dropped 1.3 inches. She did not feel the need to use the toilet. I asked her to send me feedback of which she did. She said the next day she did not open her bowels. However, the following day she described it as an 'explosion' and that it felt like something had unplugged in her gut and she could not stop going to the loo all day. There were no tummy aches or cramps at all and the stools were watery."
What is Deep Oscillation?
DEEP OSCILLATION® is an internationally patented, proven technology based on the effects of creating an electrostatic field in the tissue of the patient. Easy application is from therapist to patient/client via hygienic, vinyl gloved hands; utilizing all normal massage movements or via circular movements over the tissue with a handheld applicator. The handheld applicator also enables self-treatment. Visit the DEEP OSCILLATION® product range
The special structure of DEEP OSCILLATION® allows the creation of biologically effective oscillations in the treated tissue using electrostatic attraction and friction. In contrast to other therapies, these pleasant oscillations have a gentle and deep-acting effect on all tissue components to an 8 cm depth (through skin, connective tissue, subcutaneous fat, muscles, blood and lymph vessels).
Because of the non-invasive, non-traumatic, gentle nature of this therapy, very early possibilities of application are possible following injury and from Day One post operatively. Chronic conditions can also be worked upon with effective results.
The following physiological effects of DEEP OSCILLATION® are clinically proven:
- Highly effective in reducing pain
- Effective in reabsorbing oedema (swelling)
- Encouraging wounds to heal
- Fibrosis Reduction
- Improving trophicity
- Rubor reduction (haematoma/bruising)
- Improving quality of tissue
Article with thanks to
MLDUK MLD Vodder Practitioner, Sports and Complementary Therapist
Endeavour Soft Tissue Therapy
Mobile 07590 218169
And for treatment method advice:
SRN BLS MLD UK, Vodder, Leduc, Casley Smith FG-MLD MLD DLT Practitioner and Lymphoedema Therapist / Bowen Therapist.
Telephone 01929 556560
Mobile 07881 598 937